ORLANDO, FL (September 28, 2020) – For the second year in a row, Correct Craft was recognized as the marine industry’s Most Innovative Company this afternoon at the Soundings Trade Only Leadership Summit. Correct Craft wins from among 35,000 businesses, large and small, in the marine industry.
Correct Craft President and CEO Bill Yeargin stated, “We are honored for Correct Craft to be recognized as our industry’s top innovator two years in a row. Correct Craft is a unique company with innovation at its core. We work to fulfill our “Why” of Making Life Better and we could not do it without an innovation culture. We believe innovation is much more than technology; it is an outlook that should affect every part of an organization and I am proud of our team that constantly demonstrates an innovative mind-set. When we closed as a result of the uncertainty around Covid-19, our leaders embraced a “don’t reopen, instead reset” mentality that challenged us to reset everything we do and position us for not only success now but innovation in the future.”
Yeargin added, “Our Correct Craft team is truly exceptional, and I am so proud of their constant focus on innovation. This award is a true testament to their hard work, creativity, and dedication. I love our team!”
Soundings Trade Only had a judging panel that consisted of editors, staff members, and outside industry experts. They reviewed company initiatives with a focus on altruism/social awareness, development and technology, work culture, manufacturing process/supply chains, start-ups, and sustainability. Below are a few examples of Correct Craft’s innovations in these areas this past year.
- Correct Craft bleeds Making Life Better through innovative, intentional service. Correct Craft frequently hosts government officials on behalf of the marine industry, we advocate for Blue Mind, how people benefit being around water, serve on company-wide service trips, hurricane relief efforts, lake clean-ups, and more.
- We Wake Waves is a social innovation started by Centurion to create positive water experiences through Pass the Handle, Salute to Service, and Personal Best Tours.
- Correct Craft designed and underwrote Promote Your Passion, to raise money and awareness for local charitable organizations. This is innovative because readers of the Orlando Sentinel learned about these organizations and voted for their charity of choice, all receiving a monetary donation from Correct Craft.
- Amongst the pandemic crisis, our team substantially produced and donated labor and materials. Watershed Innovation was the only local company that could cut massive plastic sheets needed for face shields.
Development & Technology
- Watershed Innovation’s continued investment in electrification and robotics.
- Watershed Innovation’s Osmosis telematics custom app is innovative because it connects dealers and users to boats through asset tracking and an analytics platform.
- The innovative Super Air Nautique Paragon Series changed the marketplace! This is innovative because of the revolutionized design, the Telescoping Flight Control Tower that moves with a button, and PCM’s new ZZ8 engine. Nautique also innovated a complete redesign of its G-Series.
- Unlike any of its kind, SeaArk’s Sport Lounge Big Easy is innovative because it combined an aluminum fishing boat into a large family-boat atmosphere, an innovative alternative solution to a pontoon.
- Three facilities underwent major expansions: Parker, Centurion & Supreme and Merritt Precision resulting in efficiency savings and continued product innovations.
- Senior executives throughout the marine industry learned about the power of culture at the inaugural Marine Industry Culture Summit hosted and underwritten by Correct Craft. This is innovative because it explored the importance of culture, included workshops to identify key aspects to make it effective, and guidelines on an implementation plan.
- Correct Craft is innovative in our organizational structure because we give our business leaders considerable autonomy, Correct Craft University, and a Level-Up Program HR designed to develop employees in their
Manufacturing Process/Supply Chains
- Correct Craft took an innovative approach to optimization by organizing company-wide cohort teams to obtain Lean Six Sigma certifications through Villanova University. Through this we not only invest in our people, but also reap the returns of improved flow, margins and productivity.
- We developed an innovative Cost of Poor-quality Program, saving nearly one-million dollars this year and will save millions in the future.
- Protecting our precious natural resources is important. Ingenity powered the Super Air Nautique GS22E, the world’s most innovated, award-winning electric propulsion system.
- Being innovation-focused includes sustainability. Correct Craft’s “Green Team” is innovative because we do more than partner to convert garbage into fuel bricks, recycle, and repurpose materials. We inspire and educate lives outside of work.
About Correct Craft: Celebrating 95 years of excellence in the marine industry, Correct Craft is a Florida-based company with global operations. Focused on “Making Life Better,” the Correct Craft family includes Nautique, Centurion, Supreme, Bass Cat, Yar-Craft, SeaArk, Parker and Bryant boat companies, Pleasurecraft Marine Engine Group, Watershed Innovation and Aktion Parks. For more information please visit www.correctcraft.com.